Purpose and objectives
- Raising the awareness of target groups about the importance of correct e-waste and waste battery management and instigating changes in their behaviour,
- establishing an infrastructure network throughout Slovenia to simplify and facilitate separate collection of e-waste and waste batteries.
- Set up at least 400 street collection bins for collecting e-waste and waste batteries at waste bin areas,
- Set up 45 green corners for collecting e-waste and waste batteries at shopping malls throughout Slovenia,
- Make and use a mobile collector for collecting and separating e-waste and waste batteries in rural areas in all Slovenian regions,
- Organise various awareness raising events at all of the above locations,
- Carry out a competition in the field of waste batteries,
- Organise two conferences for systematic solving of collecting e-waste and waste batteries, meeting events for public utility companies and workshops for dealers,
- Carry out an intensive communication campaign, which will also include various social media,
- Collect 65% of e-waste put on the market (in line with the 2012/19/ES directive) by 2020,
- Collect 45% of waste batteries put on the market (in line with the 2006/66/ES directive) collecting e-waste and waste batteries.